I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Free Summer School Lunch

For a few years I've been taking my kids to a Elementry School that serves lunch to kids under 18. They even have baby food. Throughout the valley they have a free summer school lunch program. This is Canyon's website for the locations, times, and price for adults. http://www.canyonsdistrict.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1247:canyons-summer-feed-sites&Itemid=498  I take my kids on average 1-2 times a week. When I go I make sure it is convient for me, if I'm running other errands, and the kids like the food. They only serve one main dish like pizza, or lasagna, or chicken nuggets. At school they have two choices, here for summer only one choice. Breakfast is served for certain hours. Sometimes if I know I won't like it, I bring my own food for me. That is allowed, however taking food out of cafateria is not allowed, neither is eating off your kids plate. You have to pay for your own plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment