I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Trampolines

Growing up my parents had a trampoline. Yes, they can be unsafe and you may sustain injuries. I did even get flipped off it as a tween. But, I never did get hurt enough to go to the Dr.'s. Comforting I know. When I did jump it had no pad on springs and no netting. Just to let you know as well, in my day there was no law about seat belts. My mother used cloth diapers for me and baby car seats were not required. Things have changed. Trampolines can be fun, and safe. The rule at my house is only two kids, preferably the same size, that way they can't take each other out as easily.  There is a pad, and netting to. Each year I've made it a big deal to sleep on the trampoline for one night. I used to do this a lot as a kid during the summer. It's easier then putting up a tent. We also put a sprinkler underneath and jump on it. This however makes it bouncier, so be warned of that. Or my father would turn on the automatic sprinklers and we'd jump over it or get hit. My favorite thing to do with the kids is put balls on it, and tell them to avoid them. My cousin, says "If I had netting as a child, I'd do WWF." Good thing his kids have a tramp to now. My trampoline is also next to my deck. Thank goodness the kids haven't jumped off it to the tramp over the netting then fence and to the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment