I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sidewalk chalk

Here's a fun recipie  for Sidewalk chalk - by Lennie

1 cup of plaster of paris
½ cup of cool water
3 tablespoon of liquid powder tempura paint

Pour plaster into a clean container (like a coffee tin or ice cream tub).
Using a disposable stir-stick, stir in most, but NOT all, of the water.

Add 2 tbsp of the liquid tempera paint, mixing well, especially at the bottom; add another tbsp of paint if you think it needs it.

Add a little more water as the mixture thickens.

Stir well and pour into small containers, like bathroom cups or plastic popsicle molds.
Peel off paper or squeeze out of molds as it dries, and after it dries let the kids play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment