I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kids Meals

Kids loves kid meals. I think they are overpriced. They rarely eat all the food, and they of course just want the cheap little toy. So what I’ve done for my kids is not get kids meals. They only time they are allowed to get such a thing is on a trip that is more then 2 hours long. The reason is they get costly with a lot of kids, they don’t need a new toy every time you can’t fix dinner or lunch for them and drop by a fast food. I let them pick a hamburger or chicken nuggets and fries. I get cupped water for them. I figure if they are thirsty they’ll drink it. And they will have fewer cavities, less unneeded calories, and less addiction to soda. I get meal for my kids on average once a month at a fast food, and they know since they were little they never got a kids meal. I save it for special occasions or trips. This makes it more special as well. And I don’t have a clutter of little toys around the house that I’m stepping on.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea, and it makes it so that when Grandparents get kids meals, it is a real treat.

    ReplyDelete