I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Summer Reading

Reading in the summer is important. My kids can keep the reading skills they have, and hopefully improve them. Become better spellers, and I hope learn to love reading. Which I think my 10 year old has learned to love it more now. They don't know that their teachers never assigned homework. I just say do you homework, which can mean reading during the summer. Lucky them I'm adding writing skills this summer. They've never questioned this yet. Last year I had my kids participate in two programs. The Sandy Library and the Governor's summer reading. We start the beginning of summer and usually finish by the first of August as their goal. But, of course I keep them reading the entire summer. The rewards were small prizes every month from the library. Sometimes we get a free kids meal from the Governor's reading, it comes by mail in two months. And last year we also did one called "Read and Win" from the State Fair. We got tickets for the kids, which also can with free drink, and one free ride. They loved this. Just remember the parents pay for themselves. And we did get lots of ride tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment