I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Days

In anticipation of summer I’ve always made a calender for my kids activities. I also don’t tell them their teacher doesn’t give homework during the summer. I do like them to read 20 min. everyday. To ensure the usage of the minds being used, for imagination, and to keep their reading skills up or improve hopefully. During the summer my kids read 20 min. every weekday, do one simple 5 min. job or less. For example empty dishes, sweep floor, wash a wall or window. And they also have the activity of the day to look forward to. This summer I’ve changed the activity schedule. We have a cooking day. Every Monday a child gets to pick a recipe and we make it. This gives us a chance for one on one, to try their taste and of course learn. Our Tuesday’s are hike day every other week and library day. You can go to the website trails.com for references in your area, or if you are a avid hiker and want to hike out of State. Wednesday are activity days or outings if you want to call them. For June we have Cub Country, a local Museum (free), and Sleeping of the trampoline outside. July we will do Wheeler Farm (free), swimming, and lunch at Dad’s work. August is a Dollar Movie, a Candy Factory tour (free) and Nicklecade. Thursday’s will be park day. Where I live there a lot of parks. So I like to take them to different ones. Sometimes I pack a picnic. And for Friday’s I asked Grandma (my mother) to do a activity/craft with my kids. She’s a wonderful sport to do this. I also provide her with ideas from a magazine, which she uses sometimes. I hope this gives you some ideas and save some sanity for what to do. Summer can be long and crazy. I just like a little order, a lot of fun, and nothing that will break my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment