I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trips

Our family likes to do trips. They can be hard on the little ones. I try and hard like any parent to make it fun, and not break the bank for it. Tips for a easier trip. Make sure you have wipes. They are so great for clean ups on you and everything else. Make stops every 2-3 hours. You and your children will need to stretch your legs. For the longer trips I make a grab bag for the kids. I will include treats, dollar toys they haven't seen from the dollar store of course, paper, crayons or washable markers, and stickers. I bring a seperate bag with games and books and more treats. I find it a lot less if I can plan ahead. But, sometimes I do let them get a treat in the convience store if I find they need something else, or I need to excite them. Games we do are singing, alphabet game with signs. For older kids you can do "Who's line is it?" from movies. One person says a line, the others have to guess it. We also love the classic 20 questions, with the classic question "Is it bigger than a bread box?" Trips are also a great time to talk to your child, see how they are. I truely believe if you can always talk to your kids you will be able to maintain the relationship closer and find subjects, even the hard ones easier. One more tip. If your are traveling with a baby or even small toddler on a airplane. Bring a bottle or something to eat if possible on the plane. It always helps with the take off and landing with the ears popping.

No comments:

Post a Comment