I'm Kanda, and I decided to do a blog to let people know how I do things with my kids, and also let other's give ideas. For the summer I love to do an activity calander so the children will never get bored. I try to make it fun and inexpensive. I think the children do look forward to it. I will try and post two times a week on fun things we are doing or give suggestions on what you can do. Some things will be new to me and some I just repeat, because it works.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Remembering Loved Ones

I lost a daughter to S.I.D.S. almost three years ago. This Sunday will be her birthday. I like to think and be on the positive side and not dwell on her death. So since her Birthday is in the late Spring we take a meal and eat at her grave side as a family and bring a cake and sing Happy Birthday. This is something that doesn’t cost a lot if you don’t want it to and is simple the kids don’t have to agonize or ever complain about. This is just one thing we do. We also send balloons into the sky since she was a baby, the kids each hold one. And we let them go at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I love this tradition. Sometimes we participate, and it isn't sad or depressing, just a good memory.

    ReplyDelete